The highly competitive South Shore Basketball League begins play in early January. Township children in grades 3rd – 8th interested in playing on a township entered team must attend at least one tryout in order to be eligible for selection*. Tryouts will be held at the Rec Center on: Monday, October 21st and Tuesday, October 29th.
Times are as follows for both dates:
- 3rd& 4th Grade Girls and Boys: 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls and Boys: 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls and Boys: 7:30 – 8:30 PM
Roster size limited to ten players per team. Playing time is not guaranteed. If selected, the registration fee is $80.00 and form and fee must be turned into the rec dept. before the first practice.
*Children interested in trying out but unable to do so due to illness or injury must notify the Recreation Dept. in advance in order to be considered for selection. A doctor’s note will be required.
Online registration: Oct. 1st – Nov. 14th
Onsite registration: Nov. 14th, 2:00 – 7:00 PM
Fee: $45.00 Per Player/$80.00 Per Family
Grades: 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th
- League is co-ed and open to township children only.
- All practices and games will be held at the Rec Ctr. Practices will begin in December.
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting January 4TH and ending in early March.
- After 11/14, children wishing to play will be placed on a waiting list and only added to a team if a spot is available and at the discretion of the Recreation Department.
The gym will be open Mondays thru Fridays, for residents of all ages interested in shooting around or playing informal, unstructured basketball games.
- Monday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 2:00 to 5:00 PM
- Friday: 2:00 to 4:30 PM
Additional dates and times will be added in the winter months.
Open gym will not be held on 11/05, 11/11, 11/28, 11/29, 12/05 & 12/25.